What is it?

Looking through my journals and email, I found out that I was wishing for a lot of good things to happen. I claimed to be “hoping,” but I did not/could not be confident the desired outcome would happen. That is not what hope is about. Hope is more than wishing. [Want to know more? Click here.]

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Seek God


I know it’s hard for some people to believe in a God but God gives us a promise that if we follow the condition in the promise, He will reveal Himself to us. My challenge for everyone who doubts there’s a God is to seek Him and see if He doesn’t reveal Himself to you.
I know some of you might be saying, why bother asking God if He exists. I say what harm can it do. If He doesn’t exist, nothing will happen to change your life or make anything different happen in your life. However, if He does exist, He will keep His promise and allow you to find Him. The promise is found in Jeremiah 29:13:
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” (New International Version)
So seek Him with your whole heart and see if He doesn’t reveal Himself to you. I know that this principle works even for those of us who call ourselves Christians. When I don’t know the answer to a dilemma in my life, I seek out God and ask for His guidance. It doesn’t always happen immediately, but eventually the answer comes, usually through something written in the Word of God, the Bible.
To end this blog I just want to challenge each reader to take the challenge. Seek Him with your whole heart and see what happens. I pray right now, as I write this, that He will reveal Himself to you in ways you never expected and you will have the peace and comfort of knowing God exists. I pray you will each seek Him and find Him because you sought Him with all your heart.

No comments: