What is it?

Looking through my journals and email, I found out that I was wishing for a lot of good things to happen. I claimed to be “hoping,” but I did not/could not be confident the desired outcome would happen. That is not what hope is about. Hope is more than wishing. [Want to know more? Click here.]

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bearers of the Light


While preparing to teach a CR lesson on Sponsorship (Tuesday the 19th), a song came to mind. I don’t usually use my blog to promote music, but I really enjoy the depth in the lyrics of Michael Card. This song, Bearers of the Light, reminds me that every believer needs a mentor, a friend, and someone in which to invest. Another way to look at it: someone who has done it before, someone doing it with me, and someone to teach how to do it for the future. A Paul, a Barnabas, and a Timothy.



BEARERS OF THE LIGHT

(off the album Poiema, 1996)
By Michael Card


The Light we must bear
Is the Light we must share
Is the Light that illumines the darkness
The promises kept
Give us strength to accept
This burden of bearing the Light

He will walk beside us
A strong friend, Barnabas
He will be that sure shoulder to lean on
The promise we share
Is our burdens to bear
And our Light tells the darkness to be gone

He will come after me
A young Timothy
Looking for someone to guide him
I will kindle his Light
Make him strong for the fight
I will promise to be there beside him

And so we must claim
By His powerful Name
The Promise the Bible has spoken
We must understand
That a cord of three strands
Cannot be easily broken

The great need of a all
A true mentor, a Paul
Who has traveled the road that's before us
He has made good the pledge
To tale the Light on ahead
We can follow his footsteps before us

The Light we must bear
Is the Light we must share
Is the Light that illumines the darkness
The promises kept give us strength to accept
This burden of bearing the Light

4 comments:

Mary B. Grimm said...

Some of you may be having trouble leaving comments. I have just become aware of this situation and will try to remedy the situation if I can. Thanks for reading my blog.

Anonymous said...

This is a test comment.

yanmaneee said...

curry 4
christian louboutin shoes
kyrie 5 spongebob
christian louboutin shoes
yeezy boost 350 v2
retro jordans
fila
converse outlet store
nike air vapormax
jordans

leautheigh said...

get redirected here his comment is here linked here click to read more try these out get more