What is it?

Looking through my journals and email, I found out that I was wishing for a lot of good things to happen. I claimed to be “hoping,” but I did not/could not be confident the desired outcome would happen. That is not what hope is about. Hope is more than wishing. [Want to know more? Click here.]

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Psalm 20: Help's Coming


Lately I’ve been feeling a little like I’m praying but no one is listening. It seems to me like there’s no answers to my prayers. I think I’m praying according to God’s will – for the salvation of loved ones, peace, hope – but I’m not seeing any of those things happening in my life.
I’ve been told that God sometimes says, “No.” Maybe that is His answer to my prayers. I’ve been told that sometimes God says, “Wait.” Maybe that is His current answer to my prayers. I definitely don’t see the “Yes” answers others see God giving them. But regardless of what answers I see to my prayers Scripture says that He is answering.
Psalm 20:6 in The Message says,
“That clinches it – help’s coming,
            an answer’s on the way,
            everything’s going to work out.”
This tells me that an answer is on the way. So I need to trust that it is, just as David trusted God for answers to his prayers. David was praying for salvation from his enemies and from the armies that were assembled against him. I’m praying for salvation, too, although it’s not from flesh and blood armies. It’s from spiritual forces and evil forces that are out to get me.
Because God is our God, everything is going to work out. He clinches it. He works things out. I need to trust in that and be looking for the answers to prayers. They are probably there and I’m just missing them. I need to look expectantly for the answers and trust that God is at work even if I don’t see the answers right away.

No comments: