What is it?

Looking through my journals and email, I found out that I was wishing for a lot of good things to happen. I claimed to be “hoping,” but I did not/could not be confident the desired outcome would happen. That is not what hope is about. Hope is more than wishing. [Want to know more? Click here.]

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Preparations


Hurry up and wait. That’s what it feels like. Getting ready for a big party, for my daughter’s high school graduation open house. I’m finding there are some things that cannot be done ahead of time and that is frustrating. I’m also finding there are things my daughter wants to do, without help from me, and letting her do them is frustrating. And, different from my son’s open house, four years ago, when he didn’t want to do anything except show up.
I’ve been in “stand by” mode, waiting in the wings, just in case she needs or wants help from me. She’s busy preparing homemade, all the way down to the crust, pies. She did not want a cake at her party. She wanted to be different and to her homemade, from scratch, pies at an open house is as different as she can get. I have to admit, I’ve never been to an open house where pie was the featured item. We are having sub sandwiches, barbecued mini-smokie links, con queso dip with chips, potato chips with dip, and Greek salad. But, for Caitlinn, we have pies in lieu of cake.
There will be a small cake, however. My son graduated from college this spring and my daughter said to get him a cake. She ordered one for him to have at the open house. He doesn’t know that (and since he doesn’t usually read my blog, I’m pretty safe mentioning it here without breaking the surprise).
For my part, I have just a few more things to shop for that have to wait at least until Friday, because I don’t have room in my refrigerator yet to store them. But, I have my list so I’m ready. I guess I’m as ready as I can be.
Yet, I know I will probably add something to one of my lists of things to buy or do between now and the time I actually post this blog. 


No comments: