What is it?

Looking through my journals and email, I found out that I was wishing for a lot of good things to happen. I claimed to be “hoping,” but I did not/could not be confident the desired outcome would happen. That is not what hope is about. Hope is more than wishing. [Want to know more? Click here.]

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Affirmations


Well, it caught up with me. I’ve got a winter cold or virus of some type. Stuffed nose, cough, low-grade fever, aches and pains. So I don’t feel much like writing a long article.
However, I thought I might take a moment to write some affirmations about myself. Basically, I’m a good person. I’m loving. I’m caring. I’m giving of my time and energy. I’m generous in spirit. I’m able to take into account others’ feelings and emotions. I’m able to feel compassion and sympathy.
I love God. I try to do things the way He would have me do things. I value God’s Word and try to put it into practice in my daily life. I don’t give up easily. Sometimes that can be a bad thing because I dig my heels in and don’t give up any ground in an argument. Sometimes that is a very good thing because it has kept me alive and on this earth even when there were times when I didn’t want to continue to live with the sadness I am feeling.
I’ve been told I don’t get emotional. That’s not totally true. I just do it behind closed doors. I’m feeling emotional right now, as a matter of fact. Maybe it’s the virus or maybe it’s the circumstances. But, whatever the reason, I will feel something and try to deal with the emotions in a positive, life-affirming way.
More affirmations: I’m relatively intelligent and usually a good problem solver. I value education. I value a good book. I enjoy a good story. I try to continue my education through reading non-fiction. I try to understand other people’s points of view. I’m open to new ideas. I’m willing to try new things.
So in spite of how I feel today – depressed, emotional, sick, lonely, unhappy – I am a good and well-rounded person worthy of living another day on this planet. Thank you for indulging in my self-examination and letting me remind myself of my good qualities. I needed that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nate had the best comment--it made me cry! But you didn't say anything about your ability to be a faithful friend.and prayer-partner! Or about how you faithfully pray for your children at least several times a week. And it is an understatement to say that you are open to trying new things--opening your home to Maggie and Hannah shows that ability loud and clear. So glad you;re my friend, mary-Berry!