What is it?

Looking through my journals and email, I found out that I was wishing for a lot of good things to happen. I claimed to be “hoping,” but I did not/could not be confident the desired outcome would happen. That is not what hope is about. Hope is more than wishing. [Want to know more? Click here.]

Thursday, February 17, 2011

HOPE: God is looking for you!


This blog is called More Than Wishing because real hope is more than wishing. Today I read a passage from the Bible that gives me reason to hope.

"God sticks His head out of heaven. He looks around. He's looking for someone not stupid -- one man, even, God-expectant, just one God-ready woman."

God’s looking for me, a God-ready woman (or a woman trying to be God-ready.) In general I do not think I’m stupid, either. So God has poked His head out of heaven and is looking around, finding everyone who is seeking Him. In other places God is “on the alert, constantly on the lookout for people who are totally committed to Him.” One place says, the “eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer.” God is seeking me (us) out. We need to keep this in mind.

A little girl hid in her closet, trying to be invisible. The adults around her were scary and she didn’t feel safe, even in the closet. As she outgrew the closet, she still tried to remain invisible. She didn’t have many friends. As long as she did well in school and behaved, she went unnoticed. When she wanted to be noticed, she misbehaved and got punished. She was lonely and felt alone. She felt distant from everyone she wanted to be close to.

Her life experiences proved to her that she was not worth noticing, unimportant, invisible, bad to the core, alone, and worthless. Is it any surprise that she struggled with the concept of a caring God, a God involved in her life? However God was there. And God is here, too, whether or not we see Him working. He is seeking and saving those who are lost. That little girl was lost, but God was seeking her, looking for her. God is moving in her world to help her get to the point of believing the most important being is alert and looking out for her, supporting her, and answering her prayers.

God does this for me, too. Are you lonely, feeling invisible, and feeling distant and unimportant? Remember: God is sticking His head out of heaven looking for YOU!


No comments: