What is it?

Looking through my journals and email, I found out that I was wishing for a lot of good things to happen. I claimed to be “hoping,” but I did not/could not be confident the desired outcome would happen. That is not what hope is about. Hope is more than wishing. [Want to know more? Click here.]

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Feeling Blue


We all have days like this. Disappointments. Frustrations. Everything is running late. Hopelessness. And more frustrations. That’s the kind of week I’ve had, so I’m having trouble determining something to say for my blog article.
To remind myself, and maybe giving you ideas, I’m going to compile a list of the ways I think and the activities I do to keep my balance during such days.
·      Praise God and recognize that His will shall be done.
·      Pray according to Philippians 4:6-7. Lay down my anxiety, present my requests to God, and enjoy His incomprehensible peace.
·      Contact a friend for a spiritual conversation that will remind me that God is in charge.
·      Dive into God’s Word. I do that in several ways. Daily devotion and Bible reading. Thorough Bible study of a book of the Bible. Memorize verses.
·      Choose to do activities with gusto that are the opposite of the way I feel.
·      Take care of myself with a nice cup of tea, listening to soothing music, or petting the cats.
·      Write, in my journal using a pen on paper. Write about the emotions, write about a recent event that brought joy, write an encouraging note to someone. Write.
·      Go for a walk.
·      Watch an entertaining movie or television show, preferably uplifting. Or watch silly cat videos online.
·      Practice relaxation techniques and/or deep breathing exercises.
·      Color pictures in a coloring book, or create pictures of my own.
·      Focus on one thing in the moment – maybe a task that needs to be done that I don’t feel like doing.
·      Read a book for fun.
·      Play a game; with someone else is the best, but on my phone is good too.


Wow! I had forgotten there are so many ways to live through disappointments. Many of them have lifted my mood at one time or another. And this evening, until bedtime, I’m going to watch some television with my family. I feel better just making that list and recognizing that there’s so many ways to handle anxiety. I just have to choose to do so.

No comments: