What is it?

Looking through my journals and email, I found out that I was wishing for a lot of good things to happen. I claimed to be “hoping,” but I did not/could not be confident the desired outcome would happen. That is not what hope is about. Hope is more than wishing. [Want to know more? Click here.]

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Daniel's Praise


I’ve mentioned before my praise vow. This week God keeps bringing to my mind and heart Daniel’s prayer of praise in Daniel 2:20-23. As I repeated Daniel’s prayer in my own times of praise, I’ve been comforted and encouraged to keep praising God.
Daniel praised this way (Daniel 2:20-23 NASB):
Daniel answered and said,
“Let the name of God be blessed forever and ever,
For wisdom and power belong to Him.
And it is He who changes the times and the epochs;
He removes kings and establishes kings;
He gives wisdom to wise men,
And knowledge to men of understanding.
It is He who reveals the profound and hidden things;
He knows what is in the darkness,
And the light dwells with Him.
To Thee, O God of my fathers, I give thanks and praise,
For Thou hast given me wisdom and power;
Even now Thou hast made known to me what we requested of Thee,
            For Thou hast made known to us the king’s matter.
A commentary highlighted 15 reasons for praising God:
1.     Wisdom belongs to Him (Daniel 2:20).
2.     Power belongs to Him (Daniel 2:20).
3.     He changes the times (Daniel 2:21).
4.     He changes the seasons (Daniel 2:21).
5.     He removes kings (Daniel 2:21).
6.     He sets up kings (Daniel 2:21).
7.     He gives wisdom to the wise (Daniel 2:21).
8.     He gives knowledge to men who have understanding (Daniel 2:21).
9.     He reveals deep things (Daniel 2:21).
10.  He reveals secret things (Daniel 2:21).
11.  He knows what is in darkness (Daniel 2:22).
12. He dwells in light (Daniel 2:22; 1 Tim. 6:16).
13. He has given me wisdom (Daniel 2:23).
14. He has given me power (Daniel 2:23).
15. He has answered prayer by revealing to us the king's matter (Daniel 2:23).

I’m focusing on these reasons for praising God this week (and probably for the next several weeks as I attempt to memorize verses 20-23). I want to be like Daniel (resolved and confident in God). So I need to do as Daniel did.

No comments: